Friday, September 9, 2011

Designed for today...


I have had this design in mind for some time, and finally made it happen. I really love arts and crafts styled furniture. I wanted to design a small desk in true Arts and crafts style, that would not take up much space, and still be attractive. Lap top computers are a common item found in most homes and apartments today, so my goal was to design a piece of furniture specifically for computer use. The small footprint makes it ideal for apartments, and is small enough to easily move around from room to room as your living space changes.
The Arts and Crafts fall front desk is not a new idea. My research has found a number of fall front desks made by all of the great Arts and Crafts manufacturers of their time. The earlier designs just were bigger, and designed as writing desks, you know, getting out the old paper and pen, so I revised the idea to be in step with todays lifestyle and way of communicating. Now you can have a great look of a true arts and crafts piece of furniture, that functions perfectly in todays environment. The fall front desk measures 26"w. x 19'd. x 50"h. It is made of quartered oak solids and veneers, and finished with an authentic fumed oak and shellac finish, just as they did it over 100 years ago. Once I had the desk, I knew it had to have a chair to match, so now you will no longer have to clear off the dining table to check your facebook, complete your homework, skype that special someone, or balance your checkbook. Here's a special place where you can do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment