Tuesday, October 4, 2011
What a waste.......
What a waste basket. Who says a waste basket needs to be ugly, or hidden away ? Many high profile furniture designers have included waste baskets in their design portfolios, so I thought, why not me too? I designed this arts and crafts styled piece after some research of furnishings of the great lodges built during the first quarter of the 20th century. I think it has such rustic charm, and beauty. Just because it started out as a waste basket doesn't mean that it's destined to that role. This can also be a charming piece to hold magazines and newspapers children's toys, or maybe even a planter. Each panel is made of quartered white oak and swede leather lace. It measures 11 1/4" x 11 1/4" x 14" H. A nice accent piece to complement your arts and crafts furniture in your home, cottage or lodge. This waste basket is a perfect companion to the fall front desk I wrote about last month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is really cool. I like the way in which the wood texture is made prominent.
ReplyDelete