Design Quest 2012 Furniture Design Competition.
I recently entered this design competition, and had this piece accepted. I've been interested in mid century furniture design for a long time and have made a few pieces but wanted something with a fresh spin on this period. The lamp table is made of Walnut and Maple veneers and solids, and a brushed aluminum frame. Simple, and functional.
I was happy with the way this piece turned out, so I continued to develop a collection of furniture including coffee tables, benches, side tables, and storage pieces all using the wood and aluminum combinations. I plan to expand this group to include metal and paint finishes as well as exotic woods and custom sizes to offer a variety of possibilities for those interested in contemporary interiors. This new collection is called Madison Square, furniture inspired by Mad Men.
Design Quest, the sponsor of this contest is a fine company specializing in Modern and Contemporary furniture. They are celebrating 40 years in business here in Grand Rapids Michigan. Congratulations !
No comments:
Post a Comment