Saturday, August 6, 2011

Coming full circle

This past week I received a call from a unique store here in Holland that sells a variety of products made in Michigan. The store is called The Shaker Messenger, and has been owned and managed by Diana Van Kolken for a number of years. I had a two door cabinet that I had designed and built on display in the store, and Diana called to say that it had just been sold. The buyer didn't have a way to get it home so Diana asked if I would deliver it. This is one of the best rewards of building custom furniture.

The woman was waiting on her front porch as we pulled up. She was so grateful that we delivered it.

She said she had considered buying it for some time, and had finally made up her mind that she had to have it. She showed us exactly where it had to go in her living room. It was a perfect fit in the space and complemented her decor and color scheme.

It's a rare experience today when you get to meet the person who appreciates your work enough to purchase it, and then to see it prominently displayed in their home. This woman was so happy that she gave me a hug! It doesn't get any better than that.

2 comments:

  1. If you are interested in great products from Michigan, check out their site.

    http://www.shakermessenger.com/

    ReplyDelete